Perfectly choosing gaming monitors from a sea of available options is not an easy task especially when a lot of technical terms and jargon such as adaptive refresh panel rate, Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED), response time, flat or curve and in-plane switching has to be wade through.
3 Best 1440p 144hz Monitor of This Year
After much analysis and refinement, here are the top 3 best 1440p 144hz monitor that offer the best and solid base in future of gaming.
#1 ASUS MG278Q
Widely recognized as the ‘Republic of Gamers’ brand, ASUS is a Taiwan-based company and are one of the giant manufactures of gaming monitors.
ASUS MG278Q is a 27 inch massive and high profile FreeSync gaming monitor. With its slim designing on a hollow stand that gives it an awesome and attractive look, it also incorporates TN panel and offers refresh rate of 1ms.
Important Features of Asus MG278Q are:
- Adjustment: It offers tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment. However, there is no VESA wall mounting support offered by it.
- Connectivity: It offers multiple connectivity options that includes one each of DisplayPort and DVI port, and two connectivity ports for HDMI. A 3.5 mm audio output jack gives it an additional port. The hollow section in the stand is used for cable management.
- Speakers: 2 stereo speakers each with a capacity of 2 watts output power offers good quality sound.
- Asus GamePlus: The three modes namely FPS counter, timer, and crosshair can be activated using the hotkey.
- Crosshair helps in shooting games as it does not allow the game to disable.
- Timer helps in monitoring and keep track of numerous executing task.
- FPS counter acts as an alternative software running on the backend.
- Asus Game visual: Incorporated with TN panels, Asus MG278Q offers a quick responsiveness. However, its downside visual quality is addressed with the inclusion of Game visual mode consisting of preset settings for display fine-tuning that gives the user real experience of complete involvement in the game.
Likes and Dislikes of Asus MG278Q
- Likes: Available in GamePlus and GameVisual modes, large screen size of 27 inches and fully adjustable.
- Dislikes: Without VESA support and are more expensive.
#2 Dell S2417DG
Its look could be deceiving due to its sleek with inconspicuous design and less bezel. However, Dell S2417DG gaming monitor is incorporated with high-quality TN panel, offers response time of 1 ms and may achieve upto 165 Hz of refresh rate.
Important features of Dell S2417DG are:
- Adjustment: It supports for both VESA wall-mounting along with tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment.
- Connectivity: Dell S2417DG offers one each of DisplayPort and HDMI port, and an audio output of 3.5 mm. It also comes with 1 upstream and 4 downstream USB 3.0 ports totaling to 5 USB 3.0 ports. What else, the hollow stand is used for managing cables.
Likes and Dislikes of Dell S2417DG
- Likes: Offers great quality in color even for TN display, minimal and sleek design and multiple USB 3.0 ports.
- Dislikes: Lacking in some features that are available with other monitors and also somewhat costly.
#3 Acer Predator XB271HU
Brandished by series rather than the name of the company, it sports an aggressive design with attention grabbing stand highlighted red in color. It offers both TN panel and IPS panel variants. Depending on the user’s specific requirement, TN panel can be selected for quicker response and high refresh rates whereas high-quality visuals and vibrant images can be realized using IPS monitor.
G-Sync technology ensures a crystal clear visual experience whereas if overlocked, it may achieve 165 Hz of refresh rate.
Important features of 3. Acer Predator XB271HU are:
- Adjustment: As expected, it can be adjusted to support tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment along with VESA wall mounting support.
- Speakers: Acer Predator XB271HU is incorporated with quite weakly stereo speakers.
- Connectivity: Available with connectivity option of one HDMI port, one DisplayPort and a single jack for audio output of 3.5 mm. It also incorporates four types A and one type B USB 3.0 port totaling to five USB 3.0 ports.
Likes and Dislikes of Acer Predator XB271HU
- Likes: Remarkable visual quality with solid built and available in two variants of panel, TN and IPS.
- Dislikes: Highly expensive.
Though both ASUS MG278Q and Dell S2417DG offers a great features, however at the moment Acer Predator XB271HU supersedes the other two. Acer Predator XB271HU comes with well built up monitors and are available with both IPS and TN panel option allowing users to choose according to their need. What’s more, XB271HU also delivers vibrant and quality visuals with greater clarity due to its high refresh rate and Nvidia G-Sync technology.